Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, January 28, 2013

Winter Runnerland 5K Recap

B and I did the Moms Run This Town Winter Runnerland 5K on Saturday. Our local chapter went all out on Saturday for the race, it doesn't hurt that the founder of MRTT is also a member of our chapter. Anyways, B and I were supposed to be up bright and early to meet everyone except, we both overslept and got to the lake as everyone was taking off. I went out the night before and I stayed out late, I'm just not used to that sort of thing anymore....I'm getting old. Anyways, we got out of the truck and managed to catch a mom and son walking the race, so we made some new friends. Look at us, we were a HOT MESS, B is barely awake in the picture.



B and the other mom's son ran ahead but the little guy just didn't have it in him to run the whole way. B would stop and check on him, circle back to us  and to the little guy if he fell behind. She covered more than the 5k distance for sure, and she was beyond proud because she ran the majority of the distance. She even had an super cute finish...

I enjoyed being out and making a new friend, the medal at the end was just a nice added bonus. The chapter leader and the MRTT founder really took care of all the racers out there, much better than any other race I've done. 



3 comments:

giraffy said...

HA!! That's a fantastic finish picture!!

Anonymous said...

I love that first photo! So glad yall had such a great time :)

Fruit Fly said...

She is just the cutest little thing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...