|Can't wait to earn this one!|
Then Mickey made his appearance because it can't be magical if Mickey isn't there, that's just a fact. ºoº
|And away we went!|
I had my picture taken with Minnie, and headed out for my trot around the field, it was just so stinking cool!
When I got back, we were served breakfast. The whole sugar detox thing I've been doing this week went out the window because they had my favorite pineapple chobani yogurt. I tried to take the tiny side track and keep the rest of the day on track but I failed. That's ok though, because it's back to it today.
Then came the informational sessions....
1. Michael Cane from ESPN
2. Tammy Jenkins from runDisney, who announced the new hashtag #whyirundisney. You can share your story in a 15 second video on instagram using the hashtag #whyirundisney. You might be chosen to have your reason and a follow up featured via runDisney. I am trying to come up with a great way to share my story within the 15 second time frame.
3. Then it was time to hear from none other than local Jeff Galloway, he really is such a nice guy. He gave away some swag and debuted his trail running book.
4. Next up was Tara Gidus, The Diet Diva. She had some great pre and post run nutrition advice, you can find her articles for runDisney here. When I spoke with her afterwards, she told me that she has a new book out called Flat Belly Cookbook For Dummies.
5. Ali from New Balance, who announced that they will have more shoes available. It seems that they were not really ready for the huge response the shoes generated. They did present the second teaser video https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1432093300338235. The 2014 shoes will have Sorcerer Mickey for the men and will be pink with Minnie. Also, in 2014 they will be offering the shoes in children's sizes as well. Barbara Parker also spoke but I don't know why I don't have pictures. She shocked the audience when she told us that she has never been to Disney World. The entire audience gasped, and it was pretty funny. Her poor husband was pretty much told that he has to take her to Disney World.
6. Warren Green from Runner's World talked about the Runner's World Challenge group that they are training for the Marathon Weekend, and that they will be training more groups for future events.
All in all it was a great event, and I feel so honored to have been a part of it. Now, I couldn't leave without getting a picture with Minnie and Mickey because that would just be very un-Disney. While we waited in line runLinzey had the group in line do her famous jazz hands picture.
Got to chat with Jeff Galloway and Tara Gidus before I left and got my swag bag.
|A Puma gift card|
|runDisney water bottle|
|runDisney tech hat|
|A new runDisney magnet for my new car!|
|This carabiner water bottle thingy. What are these actually called anyways?|
|runDisney pen, which Bella is sure to steal|
|Luna and Clif bars!|