Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm Melting! MELTING! Oh, What A World!

Ok, so I didn't melt but I felt like I was going to melt when I was out running yesterday morning with my new friend Pam from Moms Run This Town. What?! You're a mom and haven't check out Moms Run This Town? Go, check it out, there might be a chapter in your area, if not, why not start one? OK, back to the run, we got an hour in. With the heat and then the fact that I had to team teach a Zumba class that evening, an hour in that humidity was all I could handle. I do have to say that I really appreciated having someone there to keep me accountable and even more to have someone to chat with. I would have taken myself back to the couch after dropping B off at lacrosse camp instead of running, but I had someone waiting for me. The very best thing of all was having someone who could quite easily run much, much faster slow down and "run" at my snail's pace, it meant the world to me.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

Kudos to you - I don't know how you could run at all in Georgia, let alone for an hour! Crazy!! I feel sweaty just thinking about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...