Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Don't Hate Running

So, I've decided that it was the anger talking yesterday when I said that I hate running. I actually love it, I know, I think I am some sort of masochist. Someone was talking about running before my Zumba class this evening and I perked right up, and I could have sat there and chatted with her if I didn't have a class to teach. I realized right then and there that I really do love running, and my ranting and complaining yesterday was mostly due to the fact that I was a Bitchy McBitcherson yesterday.

So, since everyone is in bed and I have a run in the morning, I decided to make a new playlist. I went to jog.fm and looked for some inspiration. The funny thing is that I had all of these songs in my collection, I just needed to have my mind jogged a little (no pun intended). Check out what I came up with, it's pop-tastic, old, new and in between.


Do you have a pump up song? If so, what is it?

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I sort of realized recently that I don't hate running either - amazing, since I always have thought I hated it. Not sure I LOVE it yet, but I am in like with the possibility of love later down the road. After running wines and dines me some more - I'm no easy date! Thanks for the link to the great music website - I am starting to get my playlist together for my first half marathon and this will help a lot!

Anonymous said...

I have the most random pump up jams:
Born this Way - Lady GaGa
Party Hard - Andrew WK
Shake It - Metro Station
All I Do is Win - DJ Khaled
Sorry - Madonna

Lucy said...

@Morgan - I was cracking up when I read your comment. Running definitely get to the love category but damn it takes time.

@itsprettyawkward - I love Madonna's Sorry.

Fruit Fly said...

Seems our playlists are VERY similar to each other!

I always try to position "Don't Stop Believing" - the Glee regionals version - at a point where I think I'll be getting tired. It is easier for me to do that for a 5K playlist, and when it comes on it always peps me up! Flo Rida always makes me smile, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...