Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On Sucking Less & Being More Awesome

Every once in a while I like to do a bulleted post. Why? Just because I feel like it.
  • I love/hate crossfit. I feel like I am getting much stronger and fitter, which is always a good thing and sort of the goal of going in the first place; plus, the lifting stuff is pretty bad ass (you know how I feel about all things bad ass). The hate part comes from feeling like I am always lagging behind in class. 
  • I saw this picture from Monday's WOD.... talk about bad.... right there is some in your face motivation. How did I let myself get back to looking like this?! A beer gut is not cute, but beer is so good...oh the dilemma!
  • Look at my pink shoes.... pink is pretty much my favorite. I heard that wearing pink and/or bright colors makes you at least 75% more awesome. There might be some sort of scientific study about that, and if there isn't there should be.
  • Taught Zumba with a friend of mine yesterday, it was so much fun but so nerve wracking. She says she loves my class but it still makes me so nervous. It might be a little childish but I worry that my ladies like her more than they like me. It doesn't help that when we walked in, they freaked out and told my friend that they were worried that now they'd have their butts kicked. What does that mean? Do I suck? (yup, crazy town)
  • On to school news, taking exclusively online classes this semester sucks monkey nuts, I need to be in a classroom. 
  • Still debating over whether or not I should enter the honors program. What would you do? 
Wanna win some awesome running gear? Just make a donation to my fundraising efforts. I decided to change the entry

$5 = 1 entry
$10 = 2 entries
$20 = 5 entries
$30 = 8 entries
$40 = 15 entries
$50 = 20 entries

Just go to http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/LucyMcCullough/disneyprincessweekend2014, make a donation. Fill out this form so I can make sure you get all the entries you deserve. 

1 comment:

Betsy Hart said...

Go for the honors program. It's worth it to have those fancy cords when you graduate :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...