Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's Been A Few Days...

It's been a few days since I posted anything. So, those of you who have been following me for a while know about my late night blogging problems... that whole falling asleep in the middle of writing. Well, I've fallen asleep writing two nights in a row. Tonight, I am planning on writing this and not falling asleep.

I finished day 5 of the 100 Day Challenge, and have been keeping up with it which I didn't really think would be a problem but I love having something that I having something to do. Monday started with a 2.75 mile run on the treadmill with Karen. I just have to reiterate that I am not a fan of the treadmill but having someone beside me to just chat with makes it so much easier and even enjoyable. I followed the run with a training session with Amy, which is always fun. Then in the evening, just to top everything off nicely, I went to Zumba. There were 105 people in class Monday night. Can you believe that?! I'll be stoked if there are 10 people in my class Friday morning... dreamin' big.

Then Tuesday, I started the day trying to get a little zen in my life by hitting up Group Centergy with Shannon and Christina. It had been a while since I had been to that class and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Alright, that isn't exactly right, I don't enjoy it, but I feel great afterwards. The only thing missing from Centergy on Tuesday was my snuggie because I was a little cold during the rest time, so next week the snuggie will make it's come back. After class, Christina, Shannon and I went to Starbucks and somehow ended up there for almost 4 hours. I could not have come up with a better way to waste a morning, we just had so much fun chatting and laughing. I have some awesome friends!

This morning, I started out training with Amy this morning. Today was a struggle, I wasn't feeling so great, just kind of down in the dumps. It wasn't anything in particular, just having that kind of day. I even considered calling and canceling my training appointment but I knew that I would regret that and that working out would most lift my spirits. The workout was great and it did help break me out of the funk that I had been dealing with all day. Then, just because I love it so, I went to Zumba in the afternoon. I got there a little late, and ended up in the back. Can I just tell you how much I dislike being in the back... there is just so much more room up front and I don't feel quite as crowded.

Alright, that's all for now. I have to get to bed, I have to be at Bella's school in the morning to watch her get her AR award and Karen and I have our long run after that. We're going for more mileage than we have ever done before, wish us luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Lucy! You look awesome! Keep up the good work.

Fruit Fly said...

This reminds me, I need to start doing my living room Zumba again. I only did it those few times, so I need to keep it up and get my money's worth. Plus it is really fun - as you certainly know!


Still waiting on that video of you doing Zumba a la Britney Spears with a headset! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...