Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, January 3, 2011

Can't Sleep...


I don't know what's wrong with me but I just can't get to sleep tonight. So, I'll be a good blogger and catch you up on the happenings of the last two days. First of all, yesterday kicked off the 100 Day Challenge, basically the challenge is to intentionally move your body for 30 minutes everyday. I practiced and worked on choreographing some new stuff for my Zumba class, that lasted for almost 1.5 hours. Other than that, yesterday was a pretty low key day, to be honest, I spent mosts of the day reflecting on 2010. I know it sounds stupid, but I was finally able to see what I had done in 2010, it was a lot to swallow. The whole weight loss thing often sends you to that little place I like to call Crazy Town.

Today, the day I am calling the official start of 2011 (aka The Most Awesome Year Ever). Karen and I started our day out properly with a 3.68 mile run. According to my new favorite toy, my garmin, our average pace was 16:17 miles/min. We ran 4:1 intervals, and if you look on the page with our info on it, you can see that we actually had some pretty good speed during our run intervals. Pace aside, it just felt so good to be out there moving and getting those endorphins. I really needed the run, and to make things even better I got to go to Groove in the evening. Oh, I love me some Groove! I'm dancing in my chair just thinking about it. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I started listening to an audiobook, I got it so I could listen to it on the treadmill but I got a little excited and started listening to it today. It's Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners - 31 Stories of Adventure, Comebacks and Family Ties, and so far, I love it. I actually bought the other Chicken Soup for Runner books as well, because I'm a dork like that.

Alright kids, I am going to attempt to sleep. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

I often wonder how I ever survived without a Garmin! Heck if I met someone who casually said they wanted to start running, or were starting on the C25K thing like I did, I'd tell them to just go and get one ASAP! Once I bought mine I feel like my running immediately started to improve - and my obsession got even worse.

Okay, now I am going to blow your mind. Are you sitting down? Ready??

.... We are running a half marathon NEXT MONTH!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...