Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Thursday, January 27, 2011

To Post Or Not To Post

We actually did this in class in Bosu class, and I didn't fall on my face.


Let me start by telling you about Bosu class Sunday afternoon. I decided that I would go in prepared for anything and with a better attitude than I had on Tuesday, so automatically doing better than last class. I reminded myself that this class is good for me, for the running and for helping me reach my goals for the year. We got started and I had to remind myself that I was not supposed to be able to do it all, and that it's supposed to be challenging. It was challenging and I think that I will get a lot out of it. Also, love that I have Karen there with me, she keeps me accountable.

Monday, was dancey kind of day. I trained with Amy, but the rest of the day was spent rehearsing my new stuff for my Zumba class on Friday. The gym that I work at requires that I have an entire new class on Friday because they are launching new stuff in the other group fitness classes. I'm not too worried about it but it just adds to the things I have to do. Here's the super awesome part of Monday, Karen had gotten a call from the Grand Poobah of Group Groove, and she asked K to teach with her. The lady that called Karen is the person who trains Groove instructors worldwide, she is Groove royalty. Anyways, Karen and I drove up to the gym where she was going to teach. The whole way up there, I had a bad case of jiggy leg. I get jiggy leg when I'm nervous... I was nervous for her, and she was cool as could be about it. I'll cut to the chase and tell you that she KILLED IT! She did so well, and it was so cool to get to see her teach with this lady and I also loved having the opportunity to take a class from this lady.

On Tuesday, we had Bosu class again but before class I banged out a mile and got another mile after the class. The class was awesome, and I am feeling more comfortable with it all around. Then that afternoon, I went to support one of the other Zumba instructors from my gym as she launched her new stuff. It was fun and she invited me to teach a track, and can I just reiterate that I LOVE teaching. It was all just so much fun.

Yesterday, I ran with Karen, and we got in 6 miles. I got to the lake and we decided that it was entirely too windy, so we headed to the gym to hit the treadmill. After two miles on the treadmill, Karen suggested we run another mile outside. We got out on the paths outside of the gym, and at half a mile where we were going to turn around, we decided to make it an even mile out and a mile back. Loved the change of scenery and loved running outside, I really dislike the treadmill. We got back to the gym and our cars and decided that we might as well get another 2 in because our original plan was to go for 6. So, back to the treadmill we went and we got it done. I am not a fan of the treadmill, it makes me hurt in places that running outside does not.

Today, I am taking an official rest day. Yup, an honest to goodness REST day. Icing the knees, rolling out all the aches and tightness in my legs. I'll have to tack on another day for the 100 Day Challenge, but I am completely ok with that. Does practicing my Zumba stuff on the couch count as movement?

In other news, I finally got in touch with a therapist. I had mentioned before that it was time for professional help but I hadn't done anything about it, but it's time. I need a third unbiased party to help me work through some of the issues that have surfaced because of the weight loss and the changes in my life. Trying to get a handle on my trips to Crazy Town.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...