Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, April 25, 2011

Jelly Bean 10K Race Report

Friday morning after teaching my Zumba class, I ran the Jelly Bean Virtual Race. First things first, I forgot to bring my bib with me, so I took a picture of it, hope that's enough. 

Bella left her crayons out and I couldn't resist
K surprised me and joined me for the run. I knew this run was going to be a little more challenging, I had just finished teaching my class, it was hot. I started out feeling awesome and I was ready to go. We were trotting along, catching up, it was nice to have company but I kept thinking that I totally would have been able to finish this on my own without K. I prefer to run with someone but it felt good to finally feel confident enough to run on my own if need be. I was having a great time and then all of a sudden I felt moved to yell out a "woohoo Jelly Bean". That just started something that would follow us the rest of the run. Every once in a while, both K and I would yell out "Jelly Bean" in celebration of the Jelly Bean race. 

So, I had some foot pain. Foot pain, you ask? Yes, it was on the top of my left foot, and it started right before we hit mile 3 and it seemed to go away after I walked for a bit. So I got off my interval plan for a little while. It was the most random pain and I wish I could pin point exactly what caused it. Now, it seems to be ok, but we won't know for sure until I run on it again. More than anything, it was just aggravating because I wanted to get this 10K done as quickly as possible. That being said, I was glad that I got it done and even with the foot pain, had a wonderful time doing it.

Awful finish time, but I had a great time.

Sweaty and done! 

Just putting it all out there.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

awesome, awesome finish :)

Anonymous said...

Great finish! I did the 5K last Monday for the Jelly Bean. It was a lot of fun.

Fruit Fly said...

Yay! Woohoo! Jelly Bean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...