Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, May 16, 2011

Epic Weekend and Week One of Marathon Training Wrap Up

Saturday


I woke up early, and hit the treadmill and got my miles in before Patrick had to go to work. After that, I had to go practice for a Zumba launch at one of the gyms I work at. After that, I had to make myself look and smell presentable because I had a senior photo shoot with my friend Shannon's oldest daughter. Can I just tell you that I had the most fun ever during this photo shoot! Met up with Shannon after the shoot so she and her daughter could have a quick look at the shots. I headed home to get ready because I had a date with my friend Christina and one Jon Bon Jovi. We had awesome seats and had an incredible time, even if I was a tad late and walked into Phillips Arena as they started playing their first song.



Sunday


I tried my best to sleep in but B had other plans, she barged into our bedroom and made her presence known so the plan to sleep in was a FAIL. It was a planned rest day and it mostly for one exception. I was part of a Zumba flash mob at an event called Taste of Fayette.

Here is a video of the flash mob if you're interested... (I was towards the back of the crowd)



Week One Marathon Training Wrap Up


So, first week of marathon training is done. Feeling great and looking forward an epic week two of training. Monday, I got my long run in; Thursday, I did some intervals on the TM; Saturday, got 3 miles in on the tm. Did weight training on Wednesday and Friday, plus taught my three Zumba classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I was super proud of getting it done according to the plan this week.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

What fun!!! Jon Bon Jovi! Flash Mobs!

You always have such fun stories!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...