Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday, I'm In Love

This song has been playing my head today, so you get to partake in my crazy today.



Yesterday, I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill after pilates.  It was intervals and to be honest I was scared. The speeds Lesley planned out for me were a little intimidating. I even asked her to reassure me that I wasn't going to die. Obviously, I didn't, so, win all around. I really surprised myself.

Notice the piece of paper, I had my interval workout written out so I didn't have to memorize it.
Like I mentioned, I went to pilates yesterday morning, I think that Amy (who also happens to be my trainer) was hell bent on making us hurt. I am so sore today from yesterday's class, it's not even funny. I just have remember that results are on the other side of this hard work. It's just tough to remember when it hurts to laugh and lift my arms.

So, I am looking at bathing suits and can I just gripe about the expense. I know what you're thinking, a good suit is worth the money but geez louise some of these puppies are expensive. Then to top it off some of the stuff they try to sell us bigger girls is laughable at how ugly and/or matronly it is. Just because I'm big doesn't mean I want to wear some FUGLY swim muumuu. Then, while looking for this, I have also been browsing for some running shorts. I hate wearing shorts but I live in Georgia, it's hot and I just need to put my big girl panties on and deal with it. Nike has some shorts that will work, but I am looking for other options as well and having a hard time finding ones that will work. Any bigger runners have any help in this department?

Alright, I'm out... I have to practice some new stuff for my Zumba class, although you'd laugh to watch me practice. I actually practice on the couch, I don't get up and do the whole thing until I know the entire routine. Why kill my body unnecessarily? 

5 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

I HATE running in shorts. I can't stand how they ride up non-stop. The only successful shorts for me have been Spandex, but then I feel so out there and unable to hide my ass!

I do not like buying swimming suits. I haven't bought one in 2 summers now I think? I just use it at the river at my mom's - and keep wearing the tankini top I bought in 2003 instead of my newer ones.

Karen said...

Try Junonia, they have some decent stuff but it is very pricey

Marissa said...

I love that song...such a jam!!

Yea, bathing suits are TOO expensive...totally agree :)

Anonymous said...

Looking at that time on the treadmill, knowing 2 miles of that was walking, knowing you didn't die, and imagining what's in store for you for a 5k in the near future. I see good things coming!!!

Becka said...

I found a lot of swimsuits here (http://www.swimsuitsforall.com) that I thought were pretty. I ended up just going with a straight up Speedo Conservative Ultraback in Navy because I just needed something functional.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...