Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, May 16, 2011

Marathon Training Long Run #2

This morning was long run #2 in the marathon training plan. When I woke up this morning, it was looking like rain was coming so I made the decision to try the long run on the treadmill. K decided to join me, and if you read last week's entry It started well enough on the treadmill, but a mile in, I looked out and decided that I had to finish the run outside and possibly run in the coming rain. Plus, I wanted to have a bad ass moment, even if it was only a small bad ass moment. We got off the treadmill, ran to my car, slapped on my fuel belt that I had brought just in case the weather changed and put on Bubba (my Garmin). The weather was nice and cool, and it was drizzling which made the conditions feel almost heavenly. We were off, and I decided to avoid any issues like I had last week, I put my ipod in and had one ear bud in, so I could focus on my music if K's chatting got to me. She only irritated me this run when she had negative things to say, like talking about the hills etc. A few times before she totally irritated me and I said something rude, I took a few walking steps and let her get ahead of me. The way I looked at this run was that it was a solo run and she just happened to be on the golf cart paths with me. I know it's not the nicest but like Shannon once said to me, I had to run for no one but myself. I felt really strong mentally during the run, which was a HUGE confidence booster.

From a physical standpoint, I felt pretty good. My knees were a little sore but that's from my arthritis, and they are usually a little sore when it's going to rain. I joke that they are my own personal weather stations. I did chat with K about shoes, and I think that it's time to add another pair of shoes into rotation, because the shoes I am running in are in good shape but I need more. Plus, I love shoes and any excuse to buy new shoes, especially running shoes. Plus, I want to avoid causing myself any injuries because of my shoes. Anyways, let me tell you a little funny story about what happened post run. So, towards the end of the run, it actually started raining a little harder than the slight drizzle we'd had during the whole run, so my shirt got wet. I walked back into the gym to stretch and use the bathroom after the run, I headed to bathroom and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I didn't take a picture because I can't go around taking pictures of my chest without charging you guys. I had two big dry spots on my shirt, right on my boobs! Let me tell you, it was a sight. It looked a little something like this...
I know you are wowed and amazed with my doodlin' skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say...get the new shoes. i am all about getting running shoes. have a good tuesday.

Fruit Fly said...

So you had a wet t-shirt contest, except your boobs were the only things to stay dry. That's talent! Bonus bad ass points for that!

Marissa said...

hahaha, love your photo...my boobs are always the first to get drenched :) Get the shoes!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...