Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Exciting First

K and I ran this morning but let me be honest and tell you that it was a slow, humid and chatty run. Not a huge deal because it was fun to get out there regardless and I love the time K and I spend together having our own therapy and gab sessions. After that run, I had a training session with Amy but it wasn't our normal sessions in the gym. We met at a track and did some sprints, speed work and some other things that we do not normally do. It was a heck of a workout and an eye opener. The 100m sprints were faster than I thought they would be and even Amy was impressed as to how fast they were. I'm not going to be the next Flo Jo, but it I was still pretty happy with my time. The best part and my exciting first was the run at the end of the workout. Amy had me run so she could see my pace per mile. I did a little run/walk and managed to do a 13 minute mile. I know that for most runners, that isn't a great pace but in my world this is HUGE. It was faster than my usual shuffle, and I'm just happy about it. I know I say it all the time but a year ago, I would have laughed in your face if you'd told me that I'd be out running, or trying to do anything remotely like running.

After the morning's workouts, I was lucky enough to have lunch with my dear friend A. She and I haven't had a chance to spend much time together lately. We had a great time just chatting and catching up, but sadly we just didn't have enough time to cover everything we wanted to chat about. Is there ever really enough time?! Then this evening, I got to spend more time with K and A when we went to Groove class to dance it out a little. K left, but A and I stayed and tried to get a little zen on in centergy, but it just wasn't the same without a snuggie for the rest time at the end of class.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

You are a very busy woman! I think it is awesome you did a 13 minute mile. I know some days I feel fast - and then I look down and I am just going at what a lot of people consider to be super slow. But either way we are out there trying and being healthy pants girls. So yay!

Okay - seriously - I need to stop playing on the computer. (I did finish packing, except for my make-up.) (I should really be working.)(Who can work when they are going on vacation in 6 hours???)

Alright yes, okay - I'm done commenting. Now I'm just really hungry since you mentioned you went out for lunch. I want to go out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...