Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, October 8, 2010

I Found It!!!!


Look at what I found this morning....

The picture does not do the amount of dirt on it justice.... it was filthy.

So, K and I were trotting along when I saw something pink laying by the side of the path and I recognized it right away.... it was my pink bondi band!!! I almost didn't pick it up because it was so nasty but K coerced me into picking it up and shoving it in my spibelt. Picking up the headband is the opposite of what I would normally do, but K was convincing and I knew I would regret not picking it up. I am sure it was run over by golf carts and everyone else that uses the paths, but I am going to try not to think about it too much. I washed it as soon as I got home, and I think it'll be a few more washes before I even think about putting it back on my head. Although, I might not wear it again, and just bask in the fact that I found it. 

As you guessed, K and I ran today and we thought it would be a good idea to go for 6 again today. That as it turned out was a mistake. If we were good, we would follow the training plan and only do one long run a week, with two 30-40 minute runs before that. Anyways, I was exhausted and today was a real challenge to finish. I was dragging a** through the whole course, but I pushed through it, but we were SLOW. I mean we were inching along today. I think that I am going to try and take the entire day off before the next long run, it's just tough with this whole ILIATC thing going on right now. 

I have a question for you. Does having dreams about running mean that I am in the process of becoming a runner? I dreamt about the half marathon last night, and let me tell you in my dreams I was rocking it out. How lame is that? Apparently, I kicked Patrick a whole lot in my sleep so I must have really been into my dream last night. 

I have really been thinking about the half in the last few days. I was even visualizing crossing the finish line during the cycle class today. Actually, I pretty much tried to visualize the race during the whole class, it really helped me rock it out in class this afternoon. Oh and good news, the class was a lot less uncomfortable this go around, so we'll see how much better next week is. 

Gotta run, I have to get to Groove! My dear friend who will I will refer to as Lala is in town for the weekend and Groove was our Friday night date before she moved a few months ago. So, we're going to Groove and then get some coffee. 

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

That is so cool you found your band. I would have hesitated on picking it up, too. I dropped a spendy tube of MAC lipstick last week and found it a bit later, and even then I was nervous about grabbing it.

I think about the half all the time, too! When I run I visualize different sections - like the start, the Castle, the finish. It always makes me smile. I cannot wait to experience it for real!

So cute that you were kicking while dreaming - you're like a little puppy! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...