Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Seven Miles?! Piece Of Cake



... and no, I don't mean a real piece of delicious post run cake. :( Although, cake does sound mighty tasty right about now. If it weren't for "Lost It" I would tear up some cake right about now, but I digress. Friday morning, K and I set out on what would be a most epic day for us. We started with a plan and we did not back down, we finished those seven miles and I could not be prouder of us. *TMI warning* So, I think that I can now join the ranks of the hard core because I ran the last mile and a half with something not feeling quite right. I had a feeling it was my toenail that had gone, low and behold when we were done and I took my shoe off my sock was bloody and my one of my toenails was almost completely gone. Who needs those toenail things anyways?! The toenail had also cut up one of the adjacent toes, it was not a pretty picture. The good thing is that I was riding the high of the seven miles that a little blood didn't bother me. This is going to sound crazy but between the seven miles and the toenail thing, I felt pretty bad ass.

K and I decided that the best way to celebrate the run was to make a little road trip to a running store in town called Big Peach Running Company to properly get fitted for new shoes and to spend some money. Ok, really we just needed an excuse to go shopping. I cannot tell you how much I loved this store, the staff was great, the fit process was wonderful and they had some of the coolest things in-store. I spent a bit more than I wanted to but I got a new bra, new shoes, and some more KT tape. I needed that stuff... right?! K and I considered getting shirts that said Run ATL on them, I might have to go back and pick them up because they were too cool. Now, I'm going to start breaking the new shoes in so I don't have a toenail incident repeat.

This morning I had my weigh in and workout for ILIATC, and the results were awesome!!! I lost 6.2 pounds, I couldn't be happier. There is only one issue, because there are only two weeks of "Lost It" left my focus is going to have to shift a little away from running just until the last weigh in on the 6th. That's not to say I won't run, it just means that I am just going to try and maintain what I've got going on. My trainer was giving me some strategies and tips so that I can win this thing. I am going to win this, because I have busted my butt and I could really use the free year at the gym. Send me good weight loss vibes.... Mama's gotta win!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, you're gonna rock the weight loss... I don't lose an ounce when I'm really training... I am too stinkin' hungry and I think my body holds onto everything so it has it stored.

Congrats on the 7 miles!!! I think the first run over 7 is a huge obstacle.

Fruit Fly said...

What a freaking rad day!! The long run, the lost pounds, the shopping, the blood! GO YOU!! You're officially super hard core. Heck 7 miles still sounds scary to me.

Again - a moment for an "EEK!"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...