Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Bedford Dasher 5K Race Report

K and I before the race. We really were not looking our best.
Yesterday, K and I ran the Bedford Dasher 5K. This race was for a wonderful cause, The Bedford School, a school for children with learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD. I went into this one just to have fun, I wasn't worried about time, or anything like that. We got to the school, got registered, socialized and got ready to run. We hadn't run together in a while, so it was awesome to be able to catch up and chat. As always our talks are always interesting and sometimes a tad inappropriate but that's just how we roll. The course meandered through some neighborhoods around the school and we encountered some hills which brought up the discussion of trying to get some hill work in on some of our training runs. The hills we encounter now are wimpy little hills, nothing that will really challenge us, so we are going to try and get out there and challenge ourselves. Back to the race, they had a lot of people out there directing the participants and some were blasting some Christmas music from their cars which was fun and festive. As for the pace, it wasn't great, our last 5K was slightly faster. I really need to work on my endurance and speed, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

All in all, GOOD TIMES!

3 comments:

Q said...

Sounds like a fun race, congrats!

Fruit Fly said...

That sounds like a fun atmosphere! I have loved reading everyone's holiday race reports because it does seem like we are all just going into them for the sole purpose of having fun, which I guess we should always do, but come on now, we know we don't always have that attitude.

Congrats on another 5K! So just 3 more all at one time, and we will have completed our half marathon! ;)

Pam Burrus said...

So I was stalking the internet to see if this is a 'hilly' 5k... how 'hilly' would you say it is??? I'm putting my daughter in the elf run - I'll be in the make shift Santa shirt and sparkly red hat. If you do it again this year say hey!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...