Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quick Note About My Weight Loss

If you look on the links at the top there is one where I track my weight loss. If you look it hasn't been updated in over a month. In January, I decided that I was going to hide the scale until after the half because I didn't need that dictating my mood and giving me something else to stress over. I will start posting my weight again the first Saturday in March. I suspect that I have not lost weight, and possibly packed on a few pounds in the last month or so but it's really not that big of a deal because that is not my focus right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is totally the right thing to do. It is impossible to focus on higher mileage training and weight loss at the same time. If you do, you're likely to underfuel. I say "great decision" and looking forward to meeting you in less than 2 weeks.

Fruit Fly said...

I'm with Lesley! I completely ignore my scale right now because I know that it would actually bum me out more than make me happy.

Size wise I feel my clothes getting looser on me ... but since I hit the 9 mile run mark I am always hungry. No way do I want to go into the half feeling like I gained weight. It would have a HORRIBLE effect on my psyche for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...