Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Race Volunteering- Not For The Faint Of Heart



I thought it would be such a good idea to volunteer for the Georgia Publix Marathon/Half Marathon, and not just volunteer but sign up as the captain for one of the hydration stations on the marathon course. If you're running the full, we'll be at mile 15, hydration station #10, and don't forget to vote for our station, if we win we'll win $1000 for our charity of choice. I had to attend a training session for the team captains Thursday night, and I was a little overwhelmed with the amount of information. I had NO idea of the logistics of a race the size of this one, including those with regards to organizing volunteers. I kept wondering what exactly I had gotten myself into because it seems like this isn't for the faint of heart. The papers they gave me were COVERED in notes, I hope I don't mess it all up. After we got the run down, I started to get excited about the opportunity to help and more importantly to win the prize for the hydration station.

Next Sunday, 32 of us will be getting covered in red powerade and cleaning up cups on the marathon course. Shoot me an email if you want the address to come out and cheer and help our station be memorable. runchunky@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...