Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday Night's Alright For Running

Went to the gym this evening and had the place to myself. I have the unique advantage of being able to use the gym at the place where I teach Zumba, which happens to be across the street from my apartment. It worked out nicely because my normal gym closed early and I wasn't going to have enough time to get it done. Anyways, the place was empty so I was singing along to my music and having a treadmill karaoke session. I didn't want to run tonight but I knew I had to get it done and I am so glad I did, I felt great when it was done. I had to get creative because I was ready to quit after the first mile, so I started singing, and telling myself to just get to the next quarter mile. I managed to finish 3.1 miles, sang a little and felt wonderful afterwards...well, mostly. By the time I got home, my shins were yelling at me. I guess that means that it's time to get some new shoes, I knew I'd need some soon but not quite this soon. Anyone know how to get in touch with the magical running shoe fairy? Maybe a running shoe sugar daddy?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...