Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Follow Up

Like I mentioned in the update I posted via text earlier today I went to the doctor for my MRI follow up. Everything came back ok, well, relatively ok. The only thing the MRI showed was the arthritis that we could already see from the x-rays. She said that I really need to focus on strengthening the knee, and gave me some exercises to do to help. She also said that getting more weight off will bring me some relief as well. I know what I have to do, and I plan on doing it because I want to feel better.

So, before the appointment, my friend and I logged 4.4 miles. I was pretty darn proud of us, we ran a little further and ran a little faster than we did last time. Hooray for progress!!! Our pace was 16:00 per mile, much better than we have been doing. It was a super motivating morning. Next run, will be so much better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...