Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No More Messin' Around

It's very apparent that I need to stop messing around with this running thing. Don't worry, I am not quitting, actually going to put more time and focus into the running thing. It has become abundantly clear that I am not putting enough time, focus and dedication into my running. The pitiful time form the 5K is proof of that, there is no reason why I shouldn't have finished that faster. I know that everyone has to start somewhere but that time could have been better if I had put more work into getting prepared for it.

During my short run with my friend today, I really could have pushed a little more and maybe even gone an extra mile. After I left, my friend got in a few more miles, and I kept thinking that I really should have turned around and joined her. I should have but I had to get to the gym to meet another friend who had Bella and get to a class. After my class at the gym, I should have run another mile or two but I didn't. This is the end of the lolly gagging because I can do so much better than what I have been doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Go for it! But be careful not to overtrain... find yourself a good plan online and stick to it. Can't wait to read about it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...