Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, November 8, 2010

Don't Ask Questions That You Don't Want The Answer To

Today's lesson ladies and gentleman is don't ask questions that you don't really want the answers to. I actually have a positive entry about today to post but that will have to wait until later. Right now, I just have to get this mess of my chest. I had coffee with Amy this morning and I asked her how that guy did in his weigh in, and he beat me. He beat me, it was by a fraction of a percent. I WAS PISSED OFF! I have calmed down considerably but I am still disappointed. At least, now I am prepared for Wednesday because I still plan on going to the awards thing. My team most likely ended up in the top 3 and I want to be there for that. I also plan on thanking the dude for making me work harder then I would if I weren't trying to beat him. Ultimately, I may not have put in that kind of effort had he and I not been so close in percentage. Going to go dance it out tonight at Groove with A. Just so you all know, I feel like the friggin' Susan Lucci of Lost It At The Club.

*Edited to add- I'm not actually supposed to know his results....*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still rock!!! And you did an amazing job!!!

Lucy said...

Thanks girl! I'm going to celebrate the positive and resist the urge to punch the dude in the gut.

Fruit Fly said...

At least you do still win in the end! But dammit - I wanted you to be first!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...