Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ok, So Second Doesn't Suck That Much

My ILIATC Jamie,  Me, my trainer Amy
Weigh Cool, the ILIATC winning team!!

So, as the title implies, I didn't win. I came in second, but we already knew that and I was prepared to deal with it. What I was not prepared for was what else going to happen last night, which just blew me away. Ok, the little shindig started with stats about the program, and there were over 800 pounds lost between all the teams involved this go around. Try and picture that... it's insane! GO ALL OF US ILIATC PEEPS! Then, the team winners were announced. Amy's team (the team that the thorn in my side was on) won third place, and Jamie's teams won first and second. When they announced that the team that everyone thought was going to win actually came in second, I was floored and so excited all at the same time. We were the underdogs of her two teams because we were the all female team, but we pulled it out and won!!! Weigh Cool really was WAY COOL! Then we got the individual results and they announced the third place chick and gave her stats, and we all cheered for her. Then the dude in charge of all the trainers started his little speech about the second place person, and as soon as he said it was someone working with two of his trainers, I started welling up. No, there's no crying at "Lost It"! So I started singing "Here Comes Santa Claus" to myself, because who can cry with that song?! *that was a little trick I learned on my wedding day* He had some of the sweetest things to say about me and my progress, even he was tearing up. I just sat there shaking and my team kept telling me to stand up but I couldn't bring myself to do it because then I would for sure cry... and it would be the ugly cry. Then, he surprised me with the sweetest gift, he said he was so impressed with what I have done over since January that he gave me a $150 gift certificate to spend on anything at the gym. Then he moved on to announce the over all winner... the dude. I actually felt bad for the guy because it was so anti-climatic. Even the speech that Amy had to give about him was sort of lack lustre. The kicker was that dude had no idea that the prize was a free year at the gym, and he didn't seem to care about it that much. Seriously?! So, there you have it... it all actually worked out pretty well. Not exactly the way I would have hoped it would but it was still pretty frickin' awesome. To top off a great night, Amy, A and myself went out for chips, salsa and margaritas afterwards to celebrate. Just so you know, my stomach still feels like it's on fire from eating and drinking all that. Isn't that sad?

Ok, I had to add a video because RR from http://littlefruitfly.blogspot.com/ posted a video of Boyz 2 Men on her facebook and now I can't get the song out of my head. I'm even doing the little dance that I had made up for this when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo-hoo, sounds awesome... have fun spending the $150 at the gym!

Fruit Fly said...

I got a shout out! Woohoo!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Even at 2nd place you are still the biggest winner! You worked hard, have a lot to show for it, and sounds like everybody else saw your hard work, too! What a fantastic night!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...