Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, November 12, 2010

My Faves Friday

Other blogs have Three Thing Thursdays but I thought My Faves Friday would be pretty awesome too. Alright, it's more because I'm a copycat and it's not Thursday.

This Friday's Faves
  • Running mates from this morning, Shannon and Sarah who pushed my lazy butt 
  • Peppermint tea
  • Power Protein Plate from Starbucks! It's delish and it's 370 cals, 13 grams of protein and 36 grams of carbs.
  • Knitting. After chatting with my friend Anna, I am totally going to try and take up knitting again, it's been years.
  • CUPCAKES!!! Well, because it's a cupcake... geez what other reason do I need?!
I ran with Sarah and Shannon this morning, and it was fun. Although, to be honest I was so nervous about running with them that I even had bad dreams about it last night. Again, these were not rational fears but you know what we all know that I am a little off, so let's just run with it. Just goes to show how much of a mental game running can be. Anyways, the run was fun, they really did push me this morning and I needed it because I was dragging and being whiney. Loved the girl time and loved the gossip, this is one of the perks of running with awesome girls. If I were to have these chats with myself, people would just think I was the crazy girl who talks to herself.... I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. After I left them, I met up with my friend Anna for some tea and the aforementioned protein plate at Starbucks. We chatted about a little of everything, including some crafty stuff. I think I am ready to unleash the inner Martha again, and at least start knitting again. I got two patterns from Anna and I am going to give them a go. This evening I got to Groove and who was there but none other than one of my most incredible friends... Lisa. We Grooved it out and went out and got some really tasty mexican food afterwards. Nothing says good job in class today quite like chips and salsa. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes! Mmmmmm... as long as it's not a cupcake the size of your... well, you know! ;-) LOL!!!!!!!!! I think I'll be having some cake on Monday.

Fruit Fly said...

Cupcakes ... delicious!

Have fun knitting! I bought my mom and I some "teach yourself to knit" kits a couple of Christmases ago... it wasn't pretty. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...