Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Pity Party Is Over

Alright peeps, I am done with my ILIATC pity party. I am feeling a little disorganized today so I am going to try and organize my thoughts in bullet form today. Let's just go with it.

  • Talked to Amy yesterday, obviously, and we had a wonderful chat after I was done losing my sh*t about "Lost It". I cried, she got teary eyed, it was a delightful mess. Don't worry, they were good tears.
  • Amy left me some homework. I have to come up with a spiel that I am going to give people when they ask about the weight loss, because they will and they do. I have a tendency to clam up about it. Secondly, and sort of tied in with the blog, she wants me to start writing about the weight journey. We're talking from the beginning. She wants me to do it now because I'm still in the process and it's still fresh and pretty raw. 
  • Last point actually ties in with something that K said to me on Saturday morning. She said that it would be selfish to not share my story with people. She meant more than just the blog. 
  • We talked about was about my inability to wrap my head around what is going on with me and the changes in my body. K and Amy keep telling me that what I see, isn't what everyone else sees when it comes to my body and what I am doing. It might be time for me to find some a therapist. *just a side note- I must look like a crazy person because I'm blogging from Starbuck's and I am sitting here trying to hide the fact that I am crying... CRAZY TOWN*
  • I'm a firm believer that people come in and out of your life for a reason. With all the emotional mess I've been feeling, I feel very grateful for all the incredible people who have come into my life. Especially those who have and are helping me through this weight loss and half marathon journey. 
  • I think I am done being an emotional mess. 
  • Wait, there's more.... nope, I'm done.
Off to walk with my dear friend. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Running is cheaper than therapy. ;-) Get the shirt and live it!!! You're awesome... and I totally agree... share your story... if you inspire or help just ONE person, you will have made a huge difference in someone's life.

Fruit Fly said...

I agree with the sharing, too! Heck people share all sorts of things that end up helping me somehow, probably things they never even expect to have an impact on others!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...