Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, November 5, 2010

I Can Almost See The Finish Line!

Before I even tell you about the insane days I've had, I want to send a shout out to Shannon who wasn't mentioned in the vlog entry. She changes her tennis schedule to come to contortion on Tuesday mornings and she's one of my Zumba peeps. Shannon, you're awesome!!!

I forgot to mention in the vlog entry that I went shopping with my dear friend, she was shopping for a dress for a wedding. While she was trying on clothes, I found a dress that I just had to try on. I didn't know what size to pick so, I picked multiple sizes and started from the biggest size and moved down. I put on a dress in a size I haven't worn in a LONG time. I was so excited that I walked out of the dressing room and started singing and even did a little dance. It was a sight to see... If I had a super nice occasion to go to, I'd go back and buy the dress. 

So, after I got my Housewives fix Wednesday morning, I headed to the gym and trained with Amy. SHE KICKED MY BUTT! I am thoroughly grateful though because it was some good therapy thrown in there for good measure, and heaven knows I needed the therapy.  After that, I got in a short run on the treadmill before I went to cycle class, I really cannot stand the treadmill. Anyways, I went to cycle and would you believe that the instructor played "Cheeseburger In Paradise", that is simply cruelty to fatties. I was so hungry and the song nearly sent me over the edge. I went to Zumba that afternoon and got to see Sarah and Shannon which is always fun, I love those girls. I was so ramped up after class, I felt like a bit of a crack head. I finally managed to tire myself out after going to Groove class later that evening. 

Thursday, I went to Amy's pilates class, and it was awesome. Her class is challenging but we also had a lot of laughs which helped the class simply fly by. I did not go to Groove, I needed the rest. Instead, I went to help my friend Christina find some accessories to go with the dress she bought on Tuesday's shopping adventure. Let me tell you, I learned a valuable lesson, I cannot be left alone in Charming Charlie's. I was picking accessories left and right, and I would have spent a small fortune had I not just put my basket down and walked out of the store. I had to laugh at myself a little because I get a little crazed when it comes to accessories of any kind. Then Thursday evening, I went to Group Active for the first time in a long time, and I stayed for Zumba immediately after that.

This morning K, Sarah and I went to for our long run. Thank goodness for Sarah because K and I were dragging. Sarah pulled us through today.... thank you! It was a different dynamic and a ton of fun to have more of us running together... it just worked out so well. Plus, it was nice to have a third for when we have to face off with the Stroller Mafia who will not budge and take up the entire golf cart path. After we finished our 7 miles, we all headed to lunch together. What could be better?! K and I went to Groove this evening, and I am so glad that she came because I was struggling and I don't know if I would have worked as hard had she not been there. 

So, tomorrow is the big weigh in and then I have to wait until Wednesday night to find out if I won. At this point, I still want to win but I am also ready for this to be over because I'm ready to get my head out of Crazy Town. As much as I enjoy being Mayor McCheese, the mayor of Crazy Town, I am ready to have my brain back to Normalville. Wish me luck! I saw the dude who's in second as I was leaving the gym tonight, I hope he only puts in a half as*ed effort. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. Second, kick A on getting in SEVEN miles. And third, I expect to hear all about eating that stack of pancakes tomorrow... and the syrup better be the good stuff!

Fruit Fly said...

You are a busy girl - and hooray for smaller dress sizes - always a lovely surprise in the dressing room!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...