Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Getting Ready For Tomorrow

Alright, I am in a mad dash to get everything ready for my 5K tomorrow. I have this thing about making sure that I have everything I might need and then some. I've set out my clothes for the morning, the socks that I insist on wearing tomorrow are being washed as I type this and I packed a bag with a change of clothes, extra socks, wallet and my spibelt. I don't know why I feel the need to have a change of clothes but I do, and it helps me feel prepared. Plus, I have checked my alarm clock a million times to make sure I have it set to the correct time. So, my question for you is... How do you prepare for your races big and small?

Also, I have a plan for tomorrow's race. Want to hear/read it? It's a great plan.... JUST FINISH THE DARN THING! Preferably without tears and definitely with less walking than last race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just set out everything for my race tomorrow (20 miles)... and I always overpack. I brought a change of clothes and a towel because they'll have showers and it's an hour drive. I'm sure I'll be gross.

I posted a checklist once...
http://racingitoff.blogspot.com/2010/08/racing-checklist.html

But the important thing to remember... as long as you have your heart, your mind, and your shoes, you'll get through it... even if you forget your sunglasses or whatever. We like to have our comforts, but they won't make or break you... so just get some sleep and GOOD LUCK!!!

Fruit Fly said...

I tell myself I'll set everything out the night before, but given the fact that I am the Queen of Procrastination, I always slack. Never fails I am in a panic and rushing to get out the door.

I should really stop that.

The one thing I almost always do, and really regretted the one time I forgot, is get a bagel and banana the night before so I can eat that on my way to the race. (I have to drive an hour to get to my races, so I have time to kill in the car.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...