Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now...

We've got the groove!



That's today's theme song. It's a classic and I think it's pretty appropriate.

Let's start the very beginning, a very good place to start. After I dropped Bella off at school, I headed to the gym to go to "contortion"(BTW- great name Shannon and Sarah) class (aka- Group Centergy). I met Sarah there for a little contortion and we got to see a lady who took the rest portion of the class very seriously. The lady had a blanket and some like spa eye cover thingy, and you could tell that she doesn't play when it comes to rest time. Sarah and I mentioned that we might bring snuggies for rest time next week.... who doesn't love the blanket with sleeves?! I might have to take some post Contortion class pics of us sporting the snuggies, because we too can take rest time seriously.... and by seriously, I mean the opposite of seriously. After we got our human pretzel on, we headed to Starbucks for some coffee and some great conversation.

Amy and I trained a little later in the morning and had part of our session outdoors bootcamp style. Not only was it bootcamp style, we also had a super therapy session. Gotta love it, we killed two birds with one stone. We also sat down and prepared for our meeting with other trainer that I will be working with for the Lost It At The Club program. I wanted us all to meet together so that we can all be on the same page with regards to my training and such. I feel like I have an entourage, and then I remember that I am neither famous nor rich.

I finished out the day with a little Zumba and a short run. Let me tell you, the run was awesome, and it made me feel a little better about running with my knee being all messed up. The knee discomfort wasn't any worse than if I had only done a zumba class, so that has to be good. I am going to run again on Thursday, and then do the 5K on Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...