Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm Back!

I made it back, and in one piece! Plus, I'm now kicking back with a little wine. SCORE! So, I maybe drank a little too much on this trip, but we were celebrating after all. I also ate, oh did I ever eat. It was pretty much a free for all, and guess what they had at the wedding reception... CUPCAKES. They were delicious, and I went a little cupcake wild. Anyways, we got to San Francisco and had enough time to freshen up and head to the rehearsal. Bella made an instant friend with the other flower girl which did not surprise me one bit. The wedding party rehearsed and I was counting down the minutes to eating and drinking time... I had priorities. During dinner Bella chatted with the Groom's family and won them over, and she just adored them as well. We didn't stay for the whole dinner because the rest of the family was at a Nicaraguan restaurant waiting for us, and I bet you can guess what I did when I got there. Oh yeah, food and drink fest 2010 continued there. I woke up with my stomach on fire Friday morning... what a shocker. We headed to Jack London Square in Oakland and did the touristy thing for a little while before we had to head back to the hotel and start getting ready for the wedding. I had to be ready before everyone, because I was there to work and capture the day... not the most fun when my stomach wasn't the happiest. When I got to my cousin's, it was chaos... it made me a little nervous. Apparently, nothing at the venue was ready because she had friends and family putting it all together. When we arrived at the venue about an hour and a half before the wedding, nothing was ready yet. That just made me so anxious, because I think that if it had been my wedding I would have had a melt down. It made me so thankful for the wedding co-ordinator we had for our wedding and so thankful for the peace we had the day of the wedding. Anyways, I photographed the wedding and ended up not really getting to enjoy the wedding at all until I decided I was done working during the dancing. I am not sure that I could do another wedding, at least not by myself. Saturday morning, I once again woke up with my stomach on fire, but I had to deal with it because I had places to go, people to see. We did a quick tour through Fisherman's Wharf and headed to a place called Crissy Field for a post wedding cook out with my cousin, her husband, their friends and family. We had fun, but I honestly would have preferred to have kept doing touristy stuff all day. My mom and I decided that we are going back to San Francisco for a longer visit and we aren't going to tell anyone, so that we can enjoy our visit on our schedule. I'll post some pictures on here and on Facebook in the next few days.

Now, it's time to get back to the grind and back to work. I went to Zumba tonight and I definitely felt the difference of having been away for a few days. I'm going to try and run on Wednesday morning and I won't kill myself trying to get back into the running thing. Time to finish my wine and get to bed.

1 comment:

FruitFly said...

Mmm cupcakes! I went to 2 July weddings - the first had cupcakes, the second had cake. I never did get to enjoy either desserts. :( Shame on me for getting distracted because really, who doesn't love dessert at a wedding??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...