Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, August 30, 2010

Went To The Ortho

I had my appointment with the orthopaedist today and it was some good and some possible concerning news. First, the good news, she gave me a cortisone shot in the knee that has only been bothering me slightly. The left knee is going to be rocking out! She also gave me her blessing to run my first race ever, a 5K this Saturday. So, early Saturday morning I will be getting ready to run the Sunrise on the Square Road Race.... I am so excited and just a little nervous but more about that after the knee update. The slightly concerning news is that I am going to have to get an MRI on the right knee because of the amount of trouble it's been giving me. It's good because it'll give us some answers, but it sucks because I have a feeling that this is going to be ridiculously expensive. Please keep a good thought for me, that this is something that can be easily treated and not cost me a small fortune.

So, back to the running thing... you know the whole reason for starting the blog. Like I mentioned earlier, I am super excited but slightly nervous about the race on Saturday. I know that I have not prepared enough for it but I will be pleased as punch just to finish the damn thing. I promise to update it on Saturday with a report of the race and such. Please send good running vibes my way.

Due to the fact that I had to go to the doctor's this morning, I had to reschedule my session with Amy this morning. In lieu of today's session, we will be having a bootcamp style session tomorrow morning after I go to Group Centergy. I will have to get Zen before I get my butt kicked. It's good though, because with the way I have been eating lately, I need a good butt kickin'.

In honor of the multiple margaritas I had after yesterday's Groove class with a couple of friends I will leave you today with this little gem.

1 comment:

Fruit Fly said...

Mmmm, love me some Jimmy Buffett!! and margaritas!

Best of luck in your 5K, I'm sure you'll have an absolute blast!

Swing on over to my blog sometime - I just gave you an award!
~RR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...