Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, August 9, 2010

Things are getting CRAZY...but only for a little while

My life is getting a little crazy. Bella went back to school today and I am so glad because we are both in desperate need of the structure that school provides. Don't get me wrong, I love her very much and I enjoyed our time together this summer but we both needed to get back to our more structured days. Also, with school comes parental involvement. I think I might have mentioned in an earlier post that I was sort of volunteered to chair the Welcome Committee. Anyways, that means that this time of year is my busiest, and also the time of year that makes me wish I had the guts to say no when I had the chance. It was one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time.... like so many things in life. On top of that, this weekend I have to find the time to find a decent outfit for a wedding, shoot a birthday party and put together Bella's party with the family. Then next Thursday, I am off to San Francisco with the little one to go my cousin's wedding. Then over Labor Day weekend, it looks like we are going to have to make a trip to Nicaragua because my paternal grandfather has cancer, it has metastasized and the situation is not looking good. My dad wants us to see him before his health deteriorates even more and I have to agree. Bella has been lucky enough to meet all of her great grandparents on my side of the family, including my maternal grandfather who passed away a few years ago. Anyways, things are getting a little crazy in Lucy Land.

As for my workouts, on Saturday I went to Zumba in Fayetteville, and Grooved on Sunday. This morning after the celebratory back to school coffee with friends, I trained with Amy for the first time in a while. We had a good work out, and we had one of our famous "therapy" sessions. She also went ahead and warned me that Wednesday's session is going to be an insanely tough one. This evening, I went to Zumba and proudly wore my new "instructor" tee, but I did make sure to clear it with my instructor before I just stepped in her class with it on. She did give me the go ahead, but I don't think that I will be wearing it to her class again... I think it's just probably better that way. Anyways, I was supposed to run with some friends tomorrow morning but there was a change of plans. I might venture out on my own tomorrow or Wednesday, let me rephrase that. I have to run at some point on Tuesday or Wednesday, it might just have to be on my own. I have to refocus with regards to the running, I have to get it back on track.... pardon the pun.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...