Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Been A While

It's been a while since I've updated the blog... bad blogger. Where should I start? Hmm, let's start with a recap of my workouts and related exploits since Wednesday.

Thursday- Zumba in the evening, I couldn't get in a morning work out because I had an event at Bella's school that morning.

Friday- One of the most awesome days ever! My friend and I walked for a total of 10 kilometers (6.21 miles, but 10k sounds so much more impressive). We started out with the goal of walking four miles and when we hit the 2k mark to turn around we decided to keep going and before we knew it we hit the 5k mark and weren't left without much of a choice, we had to finish out the course to get back to our cars. It didn't hurt that the conversation was awesome as always and she always pushes me when I start wavering. Also, during the walk, we chatted about triathlons. She almost has me talked into trying a tri, I just need to get over the swimming in lake water thing. I even looked at bikes online over the weekend. We'll see....

Saturday- Was a typical Saturday and I just went to Zumba.

Sunday- Took the day off.

Monday- Walked 4 miles, trained with Amy this morning and hit up Zumba this evening.

So, now that the workout stuff is out of the way, I can fill you in on everything else that's been going on with me. First of all, all the PTO stuff paid off because I was named the school's volunteer of the week, which means I get a prime parking spot this week. You better believe that every time I go to the school I check my spot to make sure that no one is parked there.... it's my spot darn it. On Friday evening, Bella and I were invited to go swimming at a friend's.... I know you are reading... thank you so much for having us over. It was so much fun to hang out and have some adult conversation, I definitely needed an evening liked that. I am so glad that I've made some new friends and that they were kind enough to invite me and the dictator over. I know that Bella had a great time as well because it was all she could talk about on Saturday. Saturday, after Zumba my friend and I had some coffee and hung out at Starbucks for a while. After that I had I had to shoot a friend's son's birthday party which was a ton of fun for both Bella and myself. I know I have said it before but I will say it again, I love what I do. On Sunday, I spent the majority of my day getting the apartment ready for Bella's party with my husband's family. I ended up having to rush out as the guests were arriving, so that I could pick up the cake... I was that organized. After the party, I ended up having to take Bella to the after hours care clinic because I am a shoe in for Mother Of The Year. During the birthday party on Saturday, she hurt her ankle. She told me about the pain, but I thought she was putting on a show because she has a tendency to be a drama queen. Then on Sunday, her ankle just seemed to get worse as the day wore on, and by the end of her party she had a pronounced limp. So, off we went to get it checked out, and I felt like such a jerk because I let it pass for so long. The only good thing about taking Bella to the after hours clinic was watching Bella get twitterpated over the young male doctor. I wish I could describe the look on her face as she was talking to the pediatrician because it was adorable, she really liked him. After seeing the doctor, they got her bandaged up and gave us a prescription for the pain and inflammation. I need a drink just thinking about the weekend... where is my margarita?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...