Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, May 21, 2010

Boobs, Wedgies and Other Issues

*WARNING - This post maybe a little TMI, read at your own risk. Don't say I didn't warn you!*

I finished day 2 of C25K training, but just barely. I had some issues today which I need to address asap. First of all, my boobs! I had to wear two bras to keep the girls in check but it was friggin' HOT. If I only wear one bra there is a good chance that the boobs would knock me out. The last thing I want is a concussion from a flying boob, it wouldn't be pretty. Secondly, I had the worst wedgie while I was doing the walk/jog business. I think it's time to get some new undies, because it was an awkward and uncomfortable situation. I can't be running around picking out wedgies, it's just not right for me or those who may have the misfortune to see me doing it. 

The other issues I had today had to do with my ability to run. Like I've said before I am not a runner, so it's just going to take time for me to get there. Plus, I think that I am going to have to start training on the treadmills on days that are too hot and humid. The weather cleared up long enough for me to get outside to run, and it was miserable. Also, I was very distracted today and all I could think about was how at the pace that I was going I was surely going to get picked up by the "loser" bus. I started out the training today with a bad attitude which just seemed to amplify today's troubles. 

Enough whining though, it's going to get better and I will become a runner. Have to try to let today's troubles pass, stay positive and focused.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...