Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Starting Out

Today is the first day of the "Couch to 5K" program I've started. My thinking is that starting with a C25K program is a good way to transition into running, because I am not a runner but I will be. I just got back from my first run/walk, and I am not dead so we will chalk that one up as a win.

Let me give you a little background on myself. I started my weight loss journey in January, and oddly enough it wasn't a resolution, I was just fed up with the way I was looking and feeling. I joined a gym and hired an awesome trainer. I've lost a LOT of weight and it's still coming off. More importantly, I am starting to feel so much better physically and about myself. 

Here's a picture I took the week I joined the gym, it's not a full body photo but you get they idea. 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't believe how great you look, and I can't wait to see you in more photos once you drop some more. Not for anything, but I also can't wait to see you run in a tutu!

Lucy said...

Jennifer, my question to you is who doesn't want to see us running in tutus?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...