Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, May 24, 2010

It Makes All The Difference...

I trained with my wonderful trainer Amy today, we worked it out today. We started by doing day 3 of C25K training. First of all, what a difference it made to have someone there cheering me on, talking to me and helping me stay focused. There was no wimping out today, it just wasn't in the cards, and having Amy push me helped me get it done. I ran more than I had the last two days of training and I was surprised at myself. As of right now, I am still destined for the loser bus, but then again I just started training, so I am not too worried about it just yet. Give me a few more months and I will beat that bus and get my tiara shaped medal. During our time on the treadmill, I was telling Amy that I will wear that damn medal everywhere for about a week or so after the race, I might even wear the race shirt as well. Just remember that if you see me that first week of March 2011, and I look like a crazy person with a dirty t-shirt and wearing a medal at Target or the grocery store, it's just part of the post run celebration. 


After the C25K training, we had my regular training to do. I am pretty darn sure that I will be feeling this tomorrow. We went up in weight on some things, and I can already feel it, so tomorrow should be good times. That was just my morning workout, I am going back this evening for Zumba. I can't wait! 


Lastly, for those of you who were wondering there are 276 days until the fun in Florida begins. In the words of my five year old... peace out pickles!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yay Lucy, I want to wear my medal everywhere too! I am darn proud of you girl, keep up the hard work - you are worth every bead of sweat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...