Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It Takes All Kinds

There are many kinds of people that we come across in our day to day lives who can have such a huge impact on our day, and even on our life. Now, these can be positive or negative impacts. The funny thing is that most of these people have absolutely no idea that they have touched your life at all. I am really grateful for the wonderful and not so wonderful people I come in contact with everyday. 

I know it's weird to be grateful for the people who just plain suck, but I am. The people who are mean spirited and try to bring me down actually make me want to work harder towards my goals. I know it probably makes me petty but I really get my kicks by proving those people wrong. Here's a cheese ball saying I heard from someone "haters, you are my motivators". It's true! 

Then there are the wonderful people that I come across on a day to day basis. These are the people who can make even the worst day a million times better, with their words and actions. I am forever grateful for these people because they are the people who keep me on track and help me put life in perspective. All it takes is a smile, some kind words, or a little time to listen which makes everything better. I can only hope that I can help make someones day like that.

Last night, I had two people who made a great day even better. I doubt that these two women even knew that they helped me out as much as they did. One of them was so supportive when I told her about something I plan on doing in the hopefully near future. I'll share my plans with everyone, but I'm just not ready to share with everyone just yet. Anyways, she was such a wonderful listener and very supportive, it was so great to share this with someone without feeling a complete nut job. The second said something to me over a text message last night that really helped me regroup and rethink something I was a little miffed about. It was just a simple text message but it was exactly what I needed to hear to help me shift my focus to the positive before I started to slip towards the negative and assume the worst. It's simple things like that which have such a positive impact on a person, and how can I not be grateful for that. 

I am so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...