Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, July 23, 2010

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

If you read Wednesday's post, then you know that for Wednesday's run I went out with a friend and we got lost on the golf cart paths. Well, I went to her Groove class yesterday and she asked if we were doing it again on this morning. How could I pass that up?! I think we are going to change the route up a little today so that we don't end up lost and trying to figure out how we are going to make it back to the gym. Wish us luck and keep your fingers crossed that we don't get lost.

Yesterday was a hell of a day at the gym, it started with me going to Groove and getting my boogie on. Right after Groove, I trained with Amy and we mixed it up. It was a particularly entertaining training session, that's what I love about training with Amy. We have a little therapy, a little fun and on days like yesterday a whole lot of laughs. Yesterday evening, I had very good intentions of going to Group Active but it just didn't happen, but I did make it to Zumba.... shocking. This time next week, I'll be an officially licensed Zumba instructor and getting ready to head to Disney World with the family. 

Still in gym related stuff, I ran across these bands online the other day and I am going to have to order some to try soon. They are called Bondi Bands and they are supposed to stay in place and wick away sweat. I am not sold on the staying in place bit, but I would love to see if they actually wick away the sweat. Here are a few pictures of the more amusing designs they have available on their bands with sayings. 

Oddly enough, I will run for cupcakes.


Now that you mention it, I will run for beer too, but only good beer.

Well, since you mentioned Margaritas... do I get one if I run a little more? That seems like a fair trade.

2 comments:

Fruit Fly said...

"Will Run for Margaritas" !!! YES!! A the last race expo I was at I just HAD to buy a pink headband with that on it. It always makes me smile. Not sure if it helps me run better yet, but at least I'm smiling while I'm out there!

Lucy said...

The margaritas one is probably my favorite, I am definitely going to order that one. If it makes you smile and gets you through it, I say more power to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...