Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, July 2, 2010

Turning It Around

I got a run in yesterday and it was day 14 of the C25K training. I was able to do most of it, and I am not even worried that I didn't get it done the way the program lays it out. I was really bummed about this at first, but after talking someone about it, I felt much better about the whole situation. I think I might ditch the C25K program and just follow the Galloway program instead. So, I have some more reading to do.

Yesterday, I trained with Amy and it was definitely a different workout but in a good way. Then in the evening I hit the treadmills to get the run in before Zumba. After Zumba class, I got the nicest surprise from a friend in the class. She came up to me after class and handed me a 13.1 sticker. It was just such a sweet and thoughtful gift, and I appreciate it so much. To the wonderful person who gave me the sticker, if you are reading this, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am going to keep that sticker with me so I can use it as motivation. As soon as I finish that half marathon, that sticker is going on my car!

Today might be a gym free day, we will have to play it by ear. I am going to White Water with Bella, my mother in law, sister in law, niece and nephew, so I might not be up to doing anything else after all that fun and excitement.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...