Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who's That Girl?



I've had this song stuck in my head all day, and I don't really mind. I was on the treadmill this morning and I came to the realization that I really need to invest in an ipod. My old ipod was repossessed by a certain 5 year old who has stashed it somewhere in the house, somewhere where I can't find it. Anyways, as for the run itself, it wasn't too bad today. I only ran for 35 minutes, but I ran, so, not too bad. Next run, I am going to try and make it a point to run longer and maybe even take it outside if I can get the little one pumped up to go with me. Today's pace was 20:34 minutes per mile, at least I got it done today.

Before the run, I hit up Group Power class because Amy is out of town so we couldn't train as usual. It was a pretty good class, but I found myself getting distracted and my thoughts were wandering. I was thinking about what I had to get at the store after the gym, and things that had to get done at home. Then, I started thinking that if I ever had the chance to be in a movie, I would want to play a hooker with a heart of gold... you laugh but it's true. I went and shook it in the afternoon at Zumba, it was alright but again I was off in La La Land. Today was just a bit of a mentally disorganized day.

Since I didn't write an entry yesterday I will give you a quick recap. I spent the most of the morning and early afternoon at a friend's house with the kiddo to visit some of our friends. She got to swim and play with some friends that she has known since she was about 17 months old. It was so neat to see them all play together, and to see how their friendship is so easy. It was so nice to hang out with such great friends and it was nice to get our kids together, I just love this group of women. In the evening, I went to Group Active for a change of pace. It had been a while since I had been to Active and I was really surprised with myself. I could have added more risers under my step, I could have added more weight during the strength training portion. It was a nice surprise, and next time I take the class I definitely will be kicking it up a notch.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...