Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, July 23, 2010

We Made It Back

WOOT WOOT! We made it back in one piece today, and we didn't even need the GPS. We only did three little running intervals, but that is better than the only pitiful one on Wednesday. Again, the conversation was so good and the heat really did make it harder to try to run. We did 4 miles today, and the runstar app said our pace was 19:32 minutes per mile. Not where I'd like it to be, but not bad at all. I am so glad that I have someone to join me.

This evening I went to Groove class which was super fun as always. The double play song was "Ice Ice Baby" and "Low". "Ice Ice Baby", really got me thinking about the true poet of our time, none other than the wordsmith Vanilla Ice. Where did he get the inspiration for his songs? Why should I stop, collaborate and listen? Why was he cooking MC's like a pound of bacon? These questions may go unanswered... how tragic. Here, you can now listen to and contemplate these deep and thoughtful lyrics.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...