Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, July 5, 2010

Shaking Things Up

This week's motto is "shake things up".  I have to make some changes this week to see if I can get some better results this week. I am changing the eating, the activities, and the frame of mind.

This morning, I trained with Amy and we definitely shook things up. We did some things today that made me feel super bad ass and super uncoordinated all at the same time. Like working on the weight machines while standing on a Bosu ball, I must have been quite a sight to see. The good thing is that I didn't fall, but I came close. It was a super tough workout but I couldn't complain because this week is going to be my week.

After the session, I got my run in. I did the walk-run-walk method and I actually had a better pace doing it that way then I did with the C25K program. I know that I don't need to worry about pace right now, but it did make me feel so much better about the new way of doing things. The run was so much more enjoyable and I was able to do it a little longer then what I had been doing. It was a great way to start this week of shaking things up.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...