Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ouch

I think the title says it all. I woke up pretty sore from yesterday's pilates class, and I knew that it was only going to get worse after today's training session. This morning's session was tough, and it is definitely going to be felt in the morning. We worked with some bands around my ankles and it was definitely a site to see. I think I might have heard some of the old dudes at the gym laughing at me.... darn those old people.  Nothing about the workout made me look bad ass, actually, I felt like an idiot, but it was a pretty bad ass workout. We shook things up today!

I got my run in afterwards, and it just helped put me in such a good place. I was able to run for 45 minutes today instead of the 30 minutes I had been doing, so that helped make me feel a lot more accomplished. I'm definitely feeling so much better about the running situation in general. I was starting to lose steam and motivation. I am actually looking forward to Friday's run. In the afternoon, I went and got some booty shaking in because I just can't stay away.

I got to finish out my day at the pool with the little one and some friends, the kiddos swam and the adults got to enjoy a nice cold beer. Don't judge me, sometimes Mama needs a nice adult beverage. Nothing could have been better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...