Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Insert Witty Title Here

Let me start by owning up to the fact that I didn't run on Monday. To be perfectly honest, I was a little bit intimidated by the week four program (you can see the C25K running program here). I got day 13 done yesterday, but just barely. I was a little bit discouraged after today's run/walk thing, I was horrible. Yesterday was a bad day, and then the running thing just did not help at all. I did receive the book I ordered, and I will start reading it today.

In other gym related news, I trained with Amy on Monday. It was a great session, and we were talking about some of the things that I am doing now that I was reluctant to try when we started. For example, the first time she wanted to start working on the Bosu ball, I am pretty sure that I laughed at her. Another example is doing wall squats, the first time we did them, I had a hard time holding it for 30 seconds, we are now up to 2 minutes. It's just cool to look back and see the progress. Monday evening, I went to Zumba and we were so hot that we set off the fire alarm. Seriously, we had to evacuate the gym because there was a fire alarm. It definitely made for an interesting class.

I normally train with Amy on Wednesday mornings, but we rescheduled for tomorrow. Some of my friends and I have tickets to see Eclipse this morning. Don't judge us! We're just getting in touch with the inner teenager.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...