Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thursday's Entry... A Day Late

I tried to write this entry last night but I was so tired that the only thing that I was typing was utter jibberish. Yesterday started with a trip to my orthopedist, for the last follow up for my knee. The good news is that my knee is feeling about 50% better than it had been, she said that if I keep up the workouts and the strengthening I should see some more improvement. She gave me her blessing to do the half marathon, zumba thing, and to keep doing what I am doing. She did have to give me another cortisone shot, which she said should have me feeling about 75% better than I had been when we started. Overall, a great visit with some good news.

I headed to the gym to Groove after the fun and excitement that was my doctor's visit. The class was so much fun as always, it put me in such a great mood. Then in the evening I made my Thursday night trip to the gym in Fayetteville to Zumba. I got into class a little too late and my normal spot was taken, it felt so weird to be in a completely different spot. I am very territorial about my places in class, and it messed with me to possibly be somewhere else. The good news was that I was able to get my spot back because my friend needed me to run her video camera so she could record her choreography. Crisis averted! The only problem yesterday was that my knee was a little too sore to do any running yesterday, but that's ok because I am getting it done today.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...