Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not So Sweet Heat

Still in a bit of a funk, and slightly sore from yesterday. Not sure what my deal is but I will shake this off because I am ready to get over this mess. I'm being a whiny pain! I took Bella to the zoo yesterday and while we had fun, it was just entirely too hot to be out there. At least I got some walking in at the zoo, not a ton but some. On a funny note, Bella got to see first hand a little bit about the birds and the bees. We were by the meerkat display and there were some tortoises in a display near by, and Bella runs over there to see them. Next thing we knew, she was going on and on about how mean the tortoises were because they were fighting. They were making sweet sweet love, not fighting. My friend piped up and told her that they were making turtle babies, but Bella just seemed confused. For the record the male tortoise was a jerk, he tipped the female over on her side when he was done, and she ended up stuck on her back after that. 


After all that excitement at the zoo, I headed to Monday night's Zumba class. We had a new song that had way too many squats, I will be feeling it for sure. I just couldn't get into class like I normally do. Shaking this off, tomorrow is a new day. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...