Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Today is a new day

*WARNING- This entry might sound a tad conceited*

I am so happy! Today, I finally got in day 7 of C25K!!! I procrastinated too long, but now that it's finished, I am so pleased with myself. As for the pace, well we are still not there yet but at least I am running more and more. Still one hour off the 3:30 to finish, so I would be riding the bus to the finish line if I had to do this today. Luckily for me, I have 260 days to get ready and pick up the pace. I know it sounds conceited but when I started this weight loss thing back in January, I couldn't get up the stairs at the gym without being winded. I avoided talking to people so they wouldn't notice how out of breath I was. There is no way that I would have believed you if you told me back in January that I would now be starting the process of getting ready for a half marathon. I probably would have laughed and made some comment about how your must be smoking crack.

Just for sh*ts and giggles let's look at some of this year's accomplishments.

  • I started going to the gym, and working with a trainer
  • I started going to the gym for 2 hours sometimes more daily. 
  • As of my last weigh in on Sunday, I am down 119.6 pounds since I last got on a scale that could weigh me in the Spring of last year. WOOHOO!!!
  • I decided to run a half marathon
  • I signed up for Zumba instructor training.
  • I have actually started the training for the half marathon.
Ok, as for this afternoon's activities, I went to Zumba. I got on stage for two songs and I hope I didn't mess up too badly. On a good note, I actually looked up at the people in the class when I was on that stage and even made eye contact with a few people. The only problem was that I got to class too late and didn't have my normal spot reserved, I will be there earlier next time. By the way, too late was 10 minutes before the class started. HAHAHA! It's always such a great class with such great energy.

In non workout related news, I got to go out with some old and new friends this evening. It was just so much fun, and so nice to get out of the house for a little while. Lots of laughs, fun and a few drinks. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...