Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Where Is My Motivation

So, yesterday was a tough day at our house. I am trying not to think about it too much, but it's tough not to. I am going to try and do the run down of yesterday and today's activities because I said I would keep record of the entire journey even the boring stuff, but, I am not really in the mood to.

Yesterday morning started with my first ever Pilates class. Here were my my thoughts on Pilates.

  • I was pretty jazzed that I didn't send the ball flying into one of my neighbors. 
  • It was hard to contain the giggles, especially when I thought that my friend was going to come crashing into me and it would be like a modern day "I Love Lucy" episode.
  • I moved things that I am not sure I've moved in a long time, if ever.
  • I knew I would be sore, but I was surprised at what was sore this morning.
  • The class was kind of boring but I will definitely go again because it was a good workout and a different kind of workout. 
After spending the morning at the gym, I went to Target with Bella and a friend. We went in for one thing and left with a lot more than I expected, Target is evil like that. We then headed to Hobby Lobby to get some crafting stuff, and again I left with a lot more than I expected to leave with. This is a re-occuring theme, I might have some issues I need to deal with. While we were at Hobby Lobby I got the bad news about Sparkles from my husband. It was a difficult drive home.

I went back to the gym last night to try and see if I could dance it out, and I was fine during Groove and even immediately afterwards. Dancing makes me happy. Then when I got home, it hit me kind of hard and I had a melt down. I think I might be taking this harder than Patrick or Bella.

This morning was much better. I was really exhausted, but I got my butt in the gym and I went to Zumba. Again, dancing makes me happy. Afterwards, I got to get a pedi with some friends which was great for so many reasons. First of all, they really helped cheer me up today and kept my mind off of things but I am not sure that either of them knew it. Secondly, it was nice to spend some kid free time with some great girls. Lastly, I rarely treat myself to something like a pedicure so it was nice to be able to do that, what a great treat, especially when you get to share that with some fun people.

That's it for tonight. I am exhausted and my bed is calling my name. Getting in Day 7 of C25K tomorrow and I hope to be able to Groove afterwards. There are 264 days left.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...