Nobody cares if you're not a good dancer. Just get up and dance. The same holds true for racing. Whether first or last, we all cross that same finish line. Just get out there and run.
- Dean Karnazes

Monday, June 21, 2010

HECK YEAH!



Day 10 of C25K is in the bag! It's getting easier, and the I am starting to feel really confident in the ability to run. I felt very Forrest Gump-esque, which had me giggling and probably looking like a crazy person on the treadmill. Thankfully, the giggling did not trip me up and I didn't fall... SCORE! Even my knees haven't given me too much trouble today, it probably helped that I iced them the minute I walked in the door. I might attempt going back outside to run next week but it will have to be later in the evenings or early in the morning to beat the oppressive heat. I might be talking crazy, we'll see how I feel about it next week.

On Saturday, I was talking to a lady and her sister who come to Zumba and they were telling me about their running experiences. It was so nice to hear from people who have done it and lived to tell the tale. One of them told me about some good books to read on running, so I am going to have to make a trip to the book store soon (I hate waiting for things I order online). This is book is by a guy named Jeff Galloway, apparently his methods get some great results.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...